Investx Ltd Privacy Notice
Investx Ltd (“Investx”) is committed to protecting the privacy rights and personal data of potential investors, investors and SME owners who use the Investx website and platform. We believe that the principle of transparency required by GDPR compliments those present in Blockchain and our ethical ICO.
Investx Ltd,15 Church Street, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6HB, United Kingdom is a registered Data Controller for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is registered with the UK Information Commissioners Office.
This Privacy Notice was updated in August 2018. We will update it as and when necessary, including when we open applications for our Initial Coin Offering and applications to invest on the platform.
How, when and what information we collect
When you choose to engage with us we may collect the information you provide in the following ways: –
- When you submit a question on our web enquiry form.
- When you enter your email address to subscribe to updates.
We do not collect Special Categories of Data (also known as Sensitive Personal Data).
Using your information
We collect, use, and store your personal data to: –
- Inform you of developments in our platform, services and products
- Improve our products, services and business.
Lawfully processing your data
Marketing – We rely on your consent to send you marketing information. We use the date you provided your email address as a record of your freely given consent until you withdraw your consent by clicking the Unsubscribe link in each email we send or by contacting us.
Our Legitimate Interests for processing – We rely on our Legitimate Interest to process your data to help us improve our business, products and services through statistical analysis, market research and testing. We believe our Legitimate Interests do not outweigh your privacy rights.
Recipients of your data
We use a reputable cloud provider, who are a data processor, to store and manage the databases your information is held on. The servers your data is held on are located within the EU. The cloud provider operates under a written agreement with Investx which includes ensuring the appropriate security standards and processes are in place at all times.
We use a data processor called Mail Chimp, located in the USA, to send you emails. The data processor operates under a written agreement and is self-certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We do not currently track visitors using cookies on investx.co.uk. ‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent to your computer and stored on its hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you visit.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Retention periods for your data
We will retain and use your data for marketing purposes for until you unsubscribe or ask us to delete your data. When you unsubscribe or ask us to delete your data your email address will be retained and held on a suppressed list.
Your rights in respect of the processing
You may, at any time:
- exercise your right to request access to certain personal data records we hold about you (a subject access request), by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “subject access request”;
- request that we update and correct any out-of-date or inaccurate personal data we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “data update request”.
- exercise your right to object to our continued processing or your right of erasure, neither of which is a guaranteed or absolute right. We will consider all requests of this nature and take into account any compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing, for example our need to continue to process your personal data in connection with any legal or regulatory requirements to which we are subject.
Your right to withdraw consent
You may opt out of any marketing communications that Investx may send you by following the link on any email marketing you have received; by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by writing to Data Protection, Investx Ltd, 15 Church Street, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6HB, United Kingdom.
The right to lodge a complaint
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, how we process your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject, you can contact us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to us at 15 Church Street, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6HB, United Kingdom.
If you have concerns about how we manage your personal data, you can make a complaint to the UK Data Protection Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Automated decision making
We do not currently use your information for any automated decision making that affects you.